On The Menu: 3 Ingredient Spicy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a super healthy food. When roasted chickpeas develop the flavor and texture of nuts. This super easy recipe that only requires 3 ingredients is delicious and makes a delicious snack. They are also great to serve up as an appetizer at parties or when having a few friends over. I made this batch with chili powder as the seasoning but it is fun and easy to try different flavors. Some more of my favorites include: cayenne and cumin, garlic powder and Parmesan, cinnamon and sugar, cumin and garlic powder, rosemary + parsley and basil.
1 (15 oz) cans of chickpeas
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Rinse the chickpeas well and then blot them dry with paper towels.
3. In a bowl toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and chili powder until well coated.
4. Spread into an single layer on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until brown and crisp, about 35-45 minutes. Stir occasionally while baking.