We spent the rest of the day shopping, catching a movie, and indulging in a late dinner. Then we had a two hour drive before reaching home. Needless to say, we both slept in the next morning. We woke up at the perfect time to have brunch and decided to use our croissants to make BLT sandwiches. If you love a good BLT sandwich then you will also love this BLT Salad with Tangy Lime Dressing. When arranging the sandwiches, Tracy remembered that we had some left over herb mayo in the fridge. It was the perfect compliment to the BLT sandwiches. We had a lazy brunch on the deck and then caught up on things the rest of the day.
2 Large Egg Yolks
1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
4 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons Fresh Chives
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Bacon fried and drained
1. Place egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
2. With the motor running slowly add the oil in. This mixture should become thick and emulsified. NOTE: If the mixture separates after you add the oil, then the mixture is broken. To get it back to a creamy state you will need to whisk 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of tepid water in a clean bowl. Then slowly whisk the broken mixture into that bowl. Whisk constantly while adding in 1/4 cup more of oil.
3. Stir in chives, salt, and pepper.
4. Your mayo can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
5. To build the perfect BLT you need to begin with a delicious bread like croissants (sliced in half or two slices of some other bread). On one slice of your bread layer your cheese, lettuce, tomato, and then your crispy bacon. On the other slice spread this delicious herb mayo. Assemble and eat!