I make these bars all of the time. Company coming? Want to surprise the coworkers with treat? Family get-together? Church gathering? Making a snack for a party? I'm making Magic Cookie Bars. They take less than 10 minutes to put together and then pop them in the oven and let them finish. EVERYONE always raves about how delicious these are. They are usually one of the first things to disappear and I'm always requested to make them for events.
2 Sleeves of Graham Crackers Crushed (roughly 2 cups)
1 Stick of Butter (melted)
1-1.5 cups Coconut
1-1.5 cups Butterscotch Chips
1-1.5 cups Chocolate Chips
1-1.5 cups White Chocolate Chips
14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray.
2. Crush the graham crackers and toss in the pan. Melt the butter and then pour in the pan with the graham crackers. Mix right in the pan and then press the crumbs into the pan.
3. Sprinkle your coconut on. Now you can pretty much go wild and add any toppings your heart desires. The measurements for the chips above are just estimates. I pretty much raid the kitchen cabinets for partial bags of stuff and use whatever I have on hand. To me the butterscotch chips should be the star of this recipe, I always use more of them than anything else, usually a whole bag. Then I add whatever partial bags of white chocolate and chocolate chips that I have on hand. Sometimes if I have some almonds or pecans on hand I throw those in too, but usually I don't have any. You can add anything and as much as you want.
4. Now drizzle your can of sweetened condensed milk over everything. I try to cover most of the pan with it.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and then cut into bars.