Who here does not love peanut butter? What about cookies and chocolate? When you combine these three things you end up with something utterly delicious. These Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are so easy to make and use 3- count them 3- types of peanut butter! You have regular ole peanut butter, Reese's peanut butter chips, and peanut butter M&Ms! Seriously delicious is all I have to say to describe the way this recipe tastes. And did I already mention how easy they are to make? It takes like 5 minutes to whip them together - no mixer required- and then you throw them in the oven, cool, and then enjoy. How much easier could it get?
When it comes to peanut butter, I am a fanatic. Honestly, I am. It has always been one of my favorite foods. As a little kid my favorite thing to eat was peanut butter sandwiches. Whenever I refused to eat whatever the rest of the family was having for dinner, mom and dad knew that I would always accept a peanut butter sandwich. So whenever I see a cookie or dessert that requires peanut butter I am immediately drawn towards it.
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 Large Egg
1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Heaping 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X9 pan with nonstick spray.
2. Melt the butter and cool slightly. While cooling combine the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Then add the melted butter to it. Stir until smooth.
3. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth. It will smell very peanut buttery at this point. Yum!
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
5. Fold in the M&Ms and chips. Reserve a few M&Ms to sprinkle on top.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and then sprinkle the reserve M&Ms on top.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool before slicing and store in an air tight container.