I am definitely a girl with a sweet tooth and my sweet tooth is usually requires a daily indulgence in chocolate. However, occasionally I crave butterscotch. Last week one evening such a craving hit me and I knew automatically I wanted butterscotch oatmeal cookies. After I checked to find that I had the necessary butterscotch morsels in my kitchen I knew I didn't have the patience to wait for butter to soften to make my usual go to butterscotch oatmeal cookie recipe. Instead I decided to give a no bake version a try and they turned out delicious. I snacked on these cookies all week. I love using this cookie scooper to obtain uniform cookies.
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
dash of salt
1 cup butterscotch morsels
3 cups quick cook oatmeal
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat add sugar, milk, and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
2. Remove from heat and quickly add the vanilla extract, salt, and butterscotch morsels.
3. Stir for a 2-3 minutes. The morsels will not melt completely.
4. Fold in oatmeal.
5. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper. I use this cookie scooper(it's my favorite) in medium.
6. Allow to set and cool. Store in airtight container.