On The Menu: Lemon Brownies
I have stated on here before that brownies are my all time favorite dessert. They are dense, fudgy, moist, and decadent. There is basically nothing not to love. Replacing the milk or dark chocolate with lemon gives this treat a nice twist. The lemon in the lemon brownies is balanced by the white chocolate while the glaze is layered on thick, super lemony, and heavenly.
Ingredients for Brownies:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
Ingredients for Glaze:
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Melt the butter and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Over a double boiler mix the white chocolate chips with the butter and heat to melt until smooth.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
6. Add the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and whisk to combine.
7. Add salt and flour. Stir to combine but do not over mix.
8. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth with a spatula.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Make the glaze by mixing the glaze ingredients together until smooth.
11. Pour over the warm lemon brownies.
12. Allow bars to cool before slicing.