1 cup of powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp of milk
1 tsp Maple Extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a bowl mix the powdered sugar, 1 tbsp of the milk, and the maple extract together. Whisk together. If the glaze is too thick add a little more of the milk, if it is too thin add a little more powdered sugar. I kept this to the side to dip my donuts in.
2. In one bowl whisk the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together. In another bowl whisk together the milk, buttermilk, and sugar.
3. Use a fork to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until just combined.
4. Take half tablespoons of dough and gently roll into balls. I rolled all of the dough out and placed the balls on a plate.
5. Heat the oil to 350 degrees in a nonstick frying pan. Gently roll the dough balls in the oil until fried to a golden brown. Don't let the oil get too hot. If it does the outside will get burned before the inside is done.
6. Carefully remove with a set of tongs onto a plate with a couple of paper towels on it to absorb the excess oil. Roll in sugar. Repeat until all of the donuts are made. It took me a couple of batches to get them all fried in one pan.