On The Menu: Cinnamon Roll French Toast
This easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast is an amazing and totally indulgent casserole. Although it only takes about 10 minutes to have it ready to place in the oven everyone you serve it to will be absolutely impressed and have no idea that it was so simple to make. I love to serve this for breakfast when I have had overnight guests. It makes your guests feel like they are being served a decadent treat and the kitchen smells amazing when they are sleepily coming to the table to eat.
2 packages of cinnamon rolls
1/4 lb butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup maple syrup (plus more for when you serve)
1 cup chopped pecans
Optional: Confectioner's sugar
1. Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Separate the cinnamon roll and cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces. I use kitchen scissors for this step. Spread the pieces of cinnamon evenly into the pan.
3. Beat eggs together in a mixing bowl. Then add the cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix together. Pour over the cinnamon roll pieces.
4. Drizzle syrup over the cinnamon rolls and then sprinkle nuts on top.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 22-28 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Place frosting in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Then drizzle on top of the cinnamon rolls.
8. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.
9. Serve with additional maple syrup.