Hello! We have another installment in our guest post series #OnMyRadar today. This time we have the wonderful Nnenna from Star-Crossed Smile. I first met Nnenna when I decided to take part in the Correspondence Club that Nnenna organizes. This is a great way to get to know other bloggers by writing letters to each other. I always love going to the mail box and finding something other than junk and bills in there. Thank you Nnenna for guest posting for us today! Now, let's get to the post and see what is currently on Nnenna's radar.
Hi there! This is Nnenna of star-crossed smile and I'm so excited to be guest posting on Sunny Days and Starry Nights today. I think Tracy and Jessica have a wonderful blog and I've personally corresponded with Tracy through the Correspondence Club, so I know both girls are such sweethearts. Take a look at what's "on my radar" and let me know what you're currently coveting in the comments below!
1. Fashion: Tinley Road Bleecker Blazer- One of my resolutions this year is to totally revamp my closet. I want to get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit or that I haven't worn in years and fill my closet with pieces that I absolutely love. I'm starting by going back to the basics and I've been on the hunt for a great black blazer that fits to a tee and makes me feel awesome when I wear it- I think this one might be just the ticket!
2. Accessory: Emerald Galaxy Bib- I don't wear a ton of accessories but I firmly believe in the power of a great statement necklace. It's the perfect way to add a little extra oomph to an otherwise simple outfit. You've probably heard that emerald is the new hot color for spring and I'm loving this emerald pick from BaubleBar.
3. Music: Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake (image, video)- At first I wasn't sure how to feel about this song- do I love it because it's JT or do I hate it because of all the hype? Well, on the second listen I decided I love it, especially when the beat picks up a little way into the song. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of what he has in store!
4. Movie: Django Unchained (image, imdb)- I saw this movie over the holidays and it was AWESOME. Action, suspense, drama, and comedy all rolled into one movie. I know Tarantino's style is not for everyone, but if you're a fan, I'm pretty sure you're going to love this movie.
5. Books: Where'd You Go, Bernadette, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, Rules of Civility- So I'm kind of reading three books at once right now. I bought Where'd You Go, Bernadette via iTunes last week because I'd heard it was funny and a good read, which is exactly what I needed after the last book I read. However, since I'm forced to read it on my phone, it's pretty slow-going (not the book's fault- my phone is just too small!). Then I picked up Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore from a friend because it's been on my to-read list for a while and I need the feeling of a real book in my hands to balance out reading on my teeny phone screen. Lastly, I've been on the waiting list to download Rules of Civility from the New York Public Library forever (ok, not really, but it has been a few months) and last night I finally got the email that I'd reached the top of the list. I can only borrow it for 21 days, so I need to download and read this one as well before my hold expires!
6. Stationery: isavirtue- My blog friend Kaitlyn runs my favorite stationery shop on Etsy. It's the perfect place to go when I need to stock up on cute and affordable writing supplies (which is constantly thanks to the Correspondence Club :). You should definitely take a look at her new line- it's fully of cute and cheeky phrases that I used as a teen and totally makes me feel like I'm back in homeroom passing notes to a friend.
7. Store: Madewell- Have you seen Madewell's new spring lookbook? Well I'm pretty much loving everything they're putting out. And I totally swooned when I saw the look above- I'll take one of each please!
8. Lipstick: MAC Dark Side (image, buy here)- I'm a fairly recent lipstick convert and I'm loving this lipstick. It's the perfect burgundy color and glides on so smoothly, I forget I'm wearing makeup half the time! It is the perfect way to add a little color to my face when I'm not in the mood to go too bright. And it makes me feel like I'm a little edgy (even though I'm not, really ;)
A huge thanks to Tracy and Jessica for allowing me to guest post on their blog today and I can't wait to hear about what's on your radar below!