Chit Chat: Fall To Do List
This weekend I was great. I almost totally unplugged until I sat down Sunday evening to make a few fall purchases. My weekend started Friday evening with visiting my grandmother who had a fabulous dinner waiting for me. On Saturday I continued visiting family, enjoying the amazing autumn weather, and Saturday evening I dived into Pride and Prejudice. I love this book and read way into the night. Most of Sunday was spent in my kitchen cooking, baking, and testing recipes. The things we whipped up included easy butterscotch fudge, potato cakes, and chocolate whoopie pies.
This low key, chilly, comfort food filled weekend has me seriously excited for the rest of fall. This has always been my favorite time of the year. Plus knowing the holidays are just around the corner adds to the fun. Before fall turns into winter here are a few things that I plan to do:
1. Finishing planning and host our first Halloween party.
2. Make fall themed foods: pumpkin whoopie pies, caramel apples, apple pie, and carrot cake.
3. Attend a football game.
4. Complete our plans for our Thanksgiving trip to NYC.
5. Purchase ballet tickets for the Nutcracker.
6. Have a fall picnic.
7. Block off time to visit family and take along sweet treats when I go.
8. Finish all of my book club reads and host a successful book club meeting.
9. Stock up on sweaters, gold jewelry, and moody nail polishes.
10. Have friends and family over for a bonfire complete with s'mores and ghost stories.
What do you hope to do this fall?