DIY Glittery Cork Board Coasters
These glittery cork board coasters were so fun and easy to make. They take less than 30 minutes of your time to make (excluding drying time) and are so sparkly they will make you smile. I love that these glittery cork board coasters are a useful item that you can always keep on display and were inexpensive to make. I also think a set of these wrapped up with a pretty ribbon would make a great gift.
Now to the matter of the supplies you will need.
Paint brush (I recommend you use an inexpensive on this one came in a pack of 5 for $1)
Glitter (whatever kind you have will work but I really love this Martha Stewart Glitter Set)
Cork Coaster Set (like these but I picked my set of 6 of up at Hobby Lobby for under $3)
1. Put a piece of craft paper or a newspaper on the table you will be working at.
2. Place painter's tape in the pattern you like on each of your coasters. As you can see in some of the pictures below Jessica did a different pattern than me.
3. Doing one coaster at a time brush a thin, even coat of Modge Podge on the areas of your coaster you have marked off with the painter's tape. Immediately cover the coated areas of the coaster with glitter. Then remove the painter's tape (so the glitter on the coaster doesn't dry on it and pull off when you remove the tape later.)
4. Set aside to dry.
5. Complete this process with your remaining coasters. Then allow about 30 minutes to dry completely.
6. Shake off excess glitter and then cover the glittered portions of your coaster with Modge Podge and set aside to completely dry.
7. Admire your handy-work.